Instructions to Access Downloadable Audio Books and Ebooks with Your Rangeley Public Library Card
The process is a two stage process. First, you must download the appropriate software for your audio book or eBook. Second, you must choose your audio book or eBook and go through the check-out process. What follows is a detailed guide on how to use this system.
First, Download the Overdrive Media Console Software
1. Open up the internet and go to the following address: http://download.maineinfonet.org
2. Move down the screen until you see a box that says digital software. The box is located on the left hand side of the screen.
3. If you are going to download an EBook, click on Adobe Digital Editions and follow the prompts and directions. If you are going to download an audio book, click on OverDrive Media Console and follow the directions.
CONGRATULATIONS – You have now successfully downloaded the software required to download the title you are about to select. To check out future titles you will not have to download the software again. You are now ready to move to phase 2 which is to select your book.
Phase 2 Select your title
1. Go to download.maineinfonet.org to see a listing of titles. Complete lists are available by clicking where it says complete list.
2. Click on the title you want to download.
3. The icons below the book will tell you what the audio book or eBook will download on. If you would like the title you chose, click on add to cart.
4. Click on Proceed to Checkout which will be highlighted in blue.
Select Rangeley Public Library using the by Library Name directory
Enter your Rangeley Public Library card number and then click on Sign In.
5. Click on confirm check-out.
6. Click on Download this item.
7. For eBooks, the whole book will download. For audio books, you will be able to select parts of the book to download. For audio books you may see a message that states that a security update is required. If you do click Cancel and then click on Tools. Below tools click on Windows Media Player Security Upgrade.
8. Select the parts you would like to download and click OK.